Today 09/27/2016 - 10:44:23 AM
Peugeot SA 13.280€
CAC 40 4,419.28 PTS
PSA Peugeot Citroën creates an OpenLabs network
To maintain its cutting-edge positioning in automotive products and services, PSA Peugeot Citroën is strengthening its scientific partnerships with the most advanced scientific laboratories in Europe, Asia and South America by creating OpenLabs.
OpenLabs are joint research units which will pool the Group’s research teams and testing resources with those of partner laboratories.
Network laboratories will make it possible to explore major themes concerning the future of the automobile and closely follow scientific discoveries worldwide.
The first two partnerships will be launched in early 2011 with:
- Institut des Science du Mouvement in Marseille
- Laboratoire de l'Intégration du Matériau au Système in Bordeaux
At the same time, PSA Peugeot Citroën is launching the Science Technologies Exploratory Lean LABoratory within the Research and Advanced Engineering Department.
StelLab is a scientific management structure responsible for:
- Creating and managing the OpenLabs network.
- Setting up a network of doctoral candidates, research and scientific engineers and Group experts.
- Hosting students and researchers (doctoral candidates and above) chosen to take part in scientific
programs initiated by PSA Peugeot Citroën as part of its scientific partnership program.
- Organising multidisciplinary seminars in technology, design, marketing and other fields that will be
open to leading academics.
StelLab will promote exchanges between scientists and PSA Peugeot Citroën experts to identify and develop the new technologies and innovations needed for tomorrow’s motor vehicles.
It will be inaugurated on 27 October 2010 when the first interdisciplinary scientific seminar is held.